[OT] Re: names good for marketing

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 22:04 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sunday 02 January 2005 07:15 pm, John Hasler wrote:
> > Alvin Smith writes:
> > > To put it bluntly, the issue is whether white people will accept a
> > > product with a Black African "sounding" name or not.
> >
> > What a loony notion.
>
> Then you go to Idaho or the American southeast...

Oh, pulheeze.  Let's break this "racism only exists in the South-
east" BS once and for all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_busing
  Boston
  San Francisco
  Pasadena

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_flight
  Buffalo
  Niagra Falls
  London, England
  Detroit
  New York City
  Chicago
  Cleveland
  Los Angeles (Compton & Inglewood)
  Newark NJ

These cities don't look like Selma to me.

Replies off-list, please.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I need an expert on the pain I'm goin' thru, so I keep George on
the ol' turn table 'till I'm over you..."
Mark Chesnutt, "Just Playin' Possum"