Re: Debian 64 bit on servers

On Saturday 01 January 2005 02:06 am, Siju George wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I run Debian Woody 3.0r2 on a Pentium III machine now!!
>
> I would like to have a faster machine (a medium server but not any
> high end server) .
>
> So I would like to know the experience of others about installing
> 64-bit debian on an AMD 64-bit hardware or any other faster servers.
>
> Is 64-bit Debian as stable as 32-bit Debian?
>
> Thankyou so much
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Siju

Interesting question, a couple of comments that may shed some light,
though not directly answering your question. The amd64 port is not
officially part of the Debian archive, nor is it supported by
security. There may be other considerations as well but these two make
me uncomfortable running any release, for a critical application.

My $.02 :-)

--
Greg C. Madden