Re: Need Camcorder Firewire Help

Apparently, _Thomas H. George_, on 31/12/04 14:02,typed:
I have a Sony DCR-TRV525 Digital Video Carmera with a Firewire (i.Link)

I have TRV25. And I have been able to grab video in my Debian Sarge machine using kino. And I did a bit of editing using Cinelerra. I then made a DVD image and burned that onto a DVD in my Sid machine, with menus and all. It was pretty cool.

output. I have installed an AVerMedia DVD EZMaker 1394 PCI card (#33 in CARDLIST.saa7134), compiled a Debian 2.6.8 kernel with Firewire support with the raw1394 module and video4linux with the saa7134 module.

I have tried running dvgrab but it does not find the carmera even though it is powered up and connected to the AVerMedia DVD EZMaker 1394 PCI .

If I recall correctly, there was something I had to do with setting the permission of /dev/1394 so that it was accessible by the video group.

lspci reports FireWire (IEEE1394): Lucent Microelestronics FW323 (rev. 61)

I have exactly the same card according to my lspci, so you shouldn't have any problems.

lsmod reports   saa7134, video_buf, i2c_core, ir_common, and raw1394.

I would appreciate any suggestions or leads I should follow up.

Search for "camcorder permissions ieee1394" in google groups and you will find my post. If you need further help, just reply here again.

GL,
->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.