Re: Lost keyboard suddenly

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 07:29:40PM -0800, Jerry Turba wrote:
>  have been using a custom built kernel 2.6.8. After I did the
> upgrade/dist upgrade (unstable) I can no longer use the keyboard to
> login in (GUI). It is not the lack of echo because the enter key doesn't
> work, nor does ALT +E (restart X), nor Alt + N (console log in). If I
> click on console login I can use the keyboard to log in at the terminal.
> The keyboard also works if I boot with the 2.4.18 kernel. Any advice
> appreciated to solve this problem. Thanks
> Jerry

I found a description of a similar problem on debian-sparc, apparently "apt-get
install xlibs" may help, although I don't see why.  If this does fix the
problem you may want to report this as a bug (if it hasn't been already).

Good luck!

Sam

Ref:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2004/05/msg00244.html