Re: Can't get hal/udev/hotplug/whatever to mount usb flash card reader

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:23:59 +0100, René Seindal <linux@seindal.dk> wrote:
> Andrea Vettorello wrote (04-12-2004 23:45):
>
> > [...]
> >
> > Do you have "gnome-volume-manager" running?
>
> Hi,
>
> I found out about this after a fairly prolonged fight with the problem.
>    Once g-v-m is running most things are working very well. There are
> some issues with a 2in1 card-reader I still haven't sorted out, and I
> can't get a PCMCIA flash card reader to work well with hal or hotplug,
> but most of the common things are working.

Well, i still have to figure out how to have the "ide-cd" kernel
module loaded (with hotplug?) other than put his name in /etc/module,
i.e. other than statically loading it at boot time.

Time to peruse the HAL/udev sources, maybe... =)

Andrea