dvips problem

Hi,

dvips does not work properly in my sarge installation, it gives me the following
error message:

This is dvips(k) 5.92b Copyright 2002 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2004.12.03:2310' -> hw8.ps
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 1+1602/8000 --dpi 9602 cmr17
mktexpk: Mismatched mode ljfour and resolution 8000; ignoring mode.
mktexpk: Can't guess mode for 8000 dpi devices.
mktexpk: Use a config file, or update me.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
dvips: Font cmr17 not found, characters will be left blank.

Basically, it seems I have too problems:
1) mktexpk: Mismatched mode ...
2) cmr17 font is missing

Anyone know what package I need to install to get rid of the errors?

thanks.

Lei