data-entry GUIs & python

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 08:53:41PM -0500, Mark Roach wrote:

> OpenOffice has a lot of cool database features that you might not
> expect, and is programmable in StarBasic
>
> http://dba.openoffice.org is a useful, if cluttered resource
> http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/OOoMySQL.pdf is a helpful overview of the
> sorts of stuff you can accomplish.
>
> My personal preference is usually python + sqlite/postgres + gtk +
> glade. Could you explain a bit about what you're trying to accomplish?
> There might be a solution that fits best based on that.

Do you create forms for data-entry using python?  I am looking for a
database solution that integrates closely with OOo, but I find the
form-creation tools in OOo to be a little bit clumsy.  An ideal
solution for me would be a great data-entry frontend, and python glue
that takes the data and uses it to create or modify openoffice
documents using the PyUNO bridge (have to use non-debian OOo packages to
do that right now, but that should change sometime soon).

Anyway, if you create data-entry gui's using python, would you be
willing to share some of your code?  I'd love to see it.

thanks,
Matt

> Good luck.
>
> -Mark