Re: How to make xkb modifications under Debian

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 01:52:11PM -0500, Martin D. Weinberg wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I made a new variant to support the "extra" keys on IBM T41p laptop.  I
> made these changes directly to /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/pc/us in a new stanza
> called "t41p" and added it to my XF86Config-4 file as XkbVariant "t41p".
> This works fine!
>
> My question is: what is the correct approach to adding a local change to
> the xkb system (e.g. that will be clobbered the next Debian upgrade)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Martin
Hi Martin,
sounds like a good thing to know. This kind of question is always sought
after. I'm waiting for some brilliant person answer.
But....
I think you should send this info to the xkb package developer! Others
could use this.
-Kev
--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!

        (__)
        (oo)
  /------\/
 / |    ||