Re: Why Grub? Must I Switch?

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 10:47:22AM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> Setup a new computer from Sarge.  Everything is perfect, but I liked
> and was comfortable with Lilo.  Are there compelling reasons to switch
> to Grub or can I go back to Lilo without losing anything important?
>
> Tom George

There are reasons, but not compelling reasons. To do lilo, say no to grub
and a lilo install window will appear (IIRC). If not simply appear, try
expert mode. Then you will surely see lilo as a option.

I don't use grub because I perceive that the grub advantages are things
I really don't care to do, and the boot time programming language is
just another language that I really don't want to have to learn; not for
boot time. I hardly ever reboot my system, and when I do it is because I
know I have done something that requires a reboot, like a new kernel version.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net