Re: Mutt Error: Can't Open Temporary File

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 11:45:01PM -0400, Ed Sutherland wrote:
> I'm trying Mutt and keep running up against "Could not open temporary
> file" whenever I attempt to open a message. What's the cause or
> solution? Thanks.
>
> Ed

I'm not sure, but mutt is a pure text email reader. If some (many) of your
email correspondents send HTMLonly email, you will have to putz around a bit
to get display of html working to your satisfaction. Maybe this is the problem.

I never really worked at this problem very hard. But I do have it solved. Only
I don't know why. I'm not really a high motivation communicator. I rather like
having to do special things to have HTML show up on the screen. Mostly, I just
delete such emails withour reading them. But, then I'm retired. I don't have
to concern myself with keeping up with the latest and most exciting.

So, IMHO, if nothing shows up on the screen, then nothing has arrived that is
worth reading. Be happy. It is a spam filter.

HTH

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net