Re: CD-rom access

* Arnfinn Gjostol <gjostol@online.no> [041002 18:51]:
> I have installed Debian for my very first time and want to install
> packages from my CD-rom,
> but I do not know how to get access to mu CD-rom from the root promt, or I
> do not know which
> command to type in addition to for example "apt-get install aptitude"
> Anybody who knows?

/mnt/cdrom« and you can access to content of your CD in the directory
/cdrom or /mnt/cdrom.  If that fails, it would be usefull if you could
gave us some more information, e.g. the output of »grep -i cd
your CD-ROM drive is attached, it would be nice to know, too.

If it works, and your CD contains normal Debian packages you should be
able to install them with »dpkg -i <filename>«.  If you mean other
software packages, there is no general rule how to install them, but in
most cases, ther in an installation document.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander