DVD drive?

Hey debian-users,

I got this strange phenomenon going on. When i physically look at my /dev/hdc drive in my computer it says CD-ROM drive on it, when dmesg looks at it i see this:

jule@dolphy:~$ dmesg | grep hdc
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0xffa8-0xffaf, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:DMA
hdc: SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148C, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdc: Disabling (U)DMA for SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148C (blacklisted)
hdc: ATAPI 48X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache
hdc: Disabling (U)DMA for SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148C (blacklisted)

When i put a DVD in the drive, and try to mount it i get this:

jule@dolphy:~$ mount /dev/hdc
mount: No medium found

Now i'm not sure if this is a DVD drive or not, mplayer says it can't read DVD's from it, but dmesg says it's a dvd drive. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

-JSS
--
Jule Slootbeek
jslootbeek@clarku.edu