Re: Updating regularly

Hello

> Can anybody explain to me, please, whether it is possible and feasible
> to run a regular cron job like "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" to
> keep the system up-to-date?

You can install cron-apt. But you should not install updates
automatically. Download the automatically, and keep an eye on the
installation.

If you use Sid or Sarge, also install apt-listchanges.

> If so, will doing it on a weekly basis be enough or should it be done
> more often, perhaps even daily?

In Sid and Sarge, there are daily changes. It is up to you. If you use
Woody and think of security updates, you probably want to download and
install them (in most cases) as soon as they are released. In that case
I would run the cron job every day.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270