Re: Updating regularly

> Hello!
>
> Can anybody explain to me, please, whether it is possible and feasible
> to run a regular cron job like "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" to
> keep the system up-to-date? If so, will doing it on a weekly basis be
> enough or should it be done more often, perhaps even daily? Many thanks.

Possible and feasible - yes. There's even a debian package for it
(cron-apt or something...).

Now if it's sane - unless you're using stable, don't do automatic
upgrades unless you want to risk breaking some services that may arise
from newer versions of software.

--
Paolo Alexis Falcone
pfalcone@gmail.com