Re: AAARRRGGGGHHHH! How does one set up woody to talk to an HP Deskjet 882C printer?

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:13:53 -0700
the softrat <softrat@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:50:05 +0200, Kevin Mark
> <kmark+debian-user@pipeline.com> wrote:
<snip>
> You didn't answer my question! And how come CUPS won't let me
> administer my own printer??!!????

Ok. A little more information would be helpful here. Which specific
driver did you use when you configured the printer in cups?

Cups will let you administer your own printer. Make sure to use the root
username and password when it prompts for it.

> >Hi J,
> >I have an hp 890c and I use hpijs.
> >-Kev>

<nasty wrap-around... some lines trimmed below>
> >ii  foomatic-db-hp 1.5-20040506-1 linuxprinting.org printer support -
> >ii  hpijs          1.6-1          HP Inkjet Server - Ghostscript
> >ii  cupsconfig-kno 0.5-6          Minimalistic cups
> >ii  cupsys         1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX
> >ii  cupsys-bsd     1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX
> >ii  cupsys-client  1.1.20final+cv Common
> >ii  libcupsimage2  1.1.20final+cv Common
> >ic  libcupsys2     1.1.20final+cv Common
> >ii  libcupsys2-gnu 1.1.20final+cv
>
> So?
>
> And how do I verify/fix this?

You can see what versions/packages you have by doing
dpkg -l <packagename> and/or dpkg -l | grep cups, etc.

As long as you have the packages I mentioned in a previous e-mail
installed though, I don't really expect you to need to upgrade anything.

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #1: