Re: PCI wlan NICs

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 09:58, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ (Wireless LAN
> resources for Linux) but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say
> about this, any positive or negative experiences.. That will be of
> great help.

In my experience you will be better with either a USB based device branded
Buffalo (often sold as "Melco") that has an Orinoco chipset, or a
PCI->PCMCIA bridge that lets you use an Orinoco based PCMCIA card.  I
have had success with some of the D-Link PCMCIA cards. Some of the older
Orinoco cards, before they were branded "Lucent", work well too.

I have tried a Linksys PCI card but that didn't work very well at all,
there are drivers for many of them but kernel support is much better for
Prism or Orinoco based devices.

David