Re: Trying to install using Koppix CD, system poweres down

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 12:50:24PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Please use reply-to-list or don't reply.

You are the kind  of idiot that gives us all a bad name!

> On Friday 31 December 2004 12:28 pm, you wrote:
> > >
> > > OK, you might want to know that Debian != Knoppix.  Go check out the
> > > Knoppix mailing lists, they'll have a more exact answer re Knoppix
> than
> > > we will.
> >
> > And exactly how can the address Debian installer issues?
>
> I saw nowhere in your message that you indicated you were using the
> Debian installer.  The installer on Knoppix is not the Debian
> installer, and will not give you a Debian system.

Did you _read_ the message?

Now I'll admit it was a bit rambling as my frustration level is quite high. I
did mention that I trashed a working portion using the Knoppix 3.7 CD to
attempt to reinstall. BTW it does support installing a vanilla Debian system,
in case you don't know.

But the question to the list is what to use to install a Debian unstable
system, that "blessed" by Debian.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin