Trying to install using Koppix CD, system poweres down

Someone please take pity on me, my day has been going downhill fast :-(

I set out this morning on a quest to make my new wireless card work in My
Compaq N410c. The machine dual boots Debian and FreeBSD 4 STABLE.

I was unable to find any trace of driver support for my wireless card ( an
AirLink+ AWLC3025). U did find a mention of it working using the
ndiswrapper package. I played around a while on the Debian side of this
machine, but could not get things working. More Googling lead to a success
story using Knoppix.

I booted Knoppix 3.7, and was able to get ndiswrapper to see the card. It
even saw the base station!

That's where my day started to go to (*&^)). I telneted into the base
station to check a few things out, and after that I could not get the card
to see the base station at all. The base station is a scrounged one form a
test setup at work. What I really want the wireless working for is away
from home, as I'm wired networking at home. The base station is a Cisco
Aironet 340, anyone know how to set one of these back to factory defaults
BTW?

In any case, I decided to reinstall the Debian partition using the Knoppix CD
(3/7) as an installer.

Thats where my current frustration lies. It starts up OK, and goes to about
78% of file copying, and the machine powers down! It has done this about 5
times now (2 different CD's). I even tried the noacpi option at boot once.

Anyone have any helpful ideas here, I'm pretty frustrated at this point in
time!

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin