Re: OT: How to add tab-closing X in Firefox, like Galeon?

khromy wrote:

J.A. de Vries wrote:

On 2004-12-31 @ 10:16:43 (week 53) Kent West wrote:

Galeon has an X on each tab; clicking on the X closes that tab. I really like this feature, but can't seem to figure out how to add it to Firefox. I had it added a few (pre-0.9) versions ago via an extension, but that extension no longer seems to be available.

Does anyone know how to add the closing X to Firefox's tabs?

Install one of the extensions made especially for this. TabX and CTC
are examples of extensions you might choose from.

Except that neither of these extensions is available from the "Get More Extensions" feature in Firefox. However, after your post, I googled for these two extensions and found them at the "Extension Room" at MozDev (http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/ctc), but when I click to install them they both report that the file is not downloadable because of "download error" (helpful, ain't it?). (TabX is what I used to use in the pre 0.9 versions of FF.)

So it looks like no one has built an extension for this that works. Still, I'm thinking that maybe there's some configuration tweak ("about:config" or something similar) that might add the feature, although a search for "tab" in "about:config" didn't turn up anything promising.

Bummer.

You can also just press CTRL+W if you want to close the current tab.

Thanks, yes; I use this quite a lot, but I'd still like to have the TabX functionality.