Re: How to boot from Sarge CD#1 if BIOS does not support booting from CD

The ./install/floppy dir has some .img file.
I do not have a floppy drive.
So still not sure how to run the installer...

Isn;t there any type of a .bat file I could run to envoke the installer ?

- Rathon

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:08:44 -0500, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Syed Huq wrote:
> > I have downloaded the .iso image of Sarge CD#1. Even though I have set
> > the first boot device to boot from is my CD-Drive(in my BIOS setting).
> > It is not booting from CD-Drive.
> >
> > I went to the ./install dir of this CD#1 and cannot see any files I
> > can run to make it boot from the CD-Drive or how to start this CD#1 ?
> > My CD-Drive is /dev/hdd
>
> The instatllation manual explains how to boot the installer from
> floppies, which are located on the CD.
>
> --
> see shy jo

Debian 3.0r1(Woody) | ASUS P5P800 Mobo | ATI Mach64 |
Intel P4 3.0GHz Cpu    | 1G DDR Ram                                |