Re: ntp-server doesn't sync time correctly?

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Cameron G wrote:
> I have a handful of debian servers going, and I've done an apt-get install
> ntp-server on all of them. They all seem to have "server pool.ntp.org" in
> the config file, yet they're all out of sync a little bit, by a couple of
> minutes in some cases. Is merely installing the package enough? Or am I
> missing something really obvious here? Has anyone else use the packages to
> sync time?

You missed reading the documentation.  Go do it.

Hint: Setup a NTP network among your servers, choose the three with best NTP
performance (which means the least variance on network latency and processor
clock).  Peer these three, and make each one of them connect to
pool.ntp.org.  Slave all others to these three at the same time, and NOT to
pool.ntp.org.

  Henrique Holschuh