Re: KDE screen problems

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:21:18 -0800 (PST)
Roger Creasy <roger_creasy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just installed sarge on an older machine. I do not
> know the video
> card specs. In kde the screen is pixelated. How can I
> change the
> settings to try a different resolution or whatever I
> may need to
> change?

The settings are changed in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. Assuming a pci/vga
video card, you might try doing a "lspci | less" and looking for a
video/vga device. It should give some information about the chipset on
the video card which you can then google to find out which driver you
need to use.

HTH,
Jacob