Re: Kernel installation woes on Athlon 1100: "hda: lost interrupt".

Adam Funk wrote:
Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> wrote:

Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm running Debian testing on an Athlon 1100 and currently using the
2.4.23-1-386 kernel.  I've tried to upgrade to the following packages:

kernel-image-2.4.25-1-386
kernel-image-2.4.26-1-386
kernel-image-2.4.26-1-k7

and they all get stuck on "hda: lost interrupt" while trying to boot.  I
thought any 386 kernel ought to be upward-compatible with an Athlon,
and a k7 ought to be ideally suited for it.  Any ideas what's wrong?

Try booting with noapic.

Thanks.  I added that to the append="..." in /etc/lilo.conf and it
fixed the problem.

Just out of curiosity, why did this become necessary (for my hardware
at least) between the 2.4.23 and 2.4.26 kernels?

What motherboard chipset do you have?

-Roberto Sancheza