Re: Exim4 config help request

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 05:31:59PM -0500 or thereabouts, Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> I just installed ProMepis and it installs by default exim4
> SMTP service. I am looking for a simple working configuration for
> exim4 (I have been using Sendmail and have tried Postfix too!).
>
> Requirements is that it should send to and receive from remote
> domains (office box connected to Internet via LAN). The error
> message sent back by exim is:

>   Mailing to remote domains is not supported
>
> in fact, it does not send to another machine in the same domain!
>
> Any pointers will be appreciated.
>
> -ishwar

You've got the exim4-daemon-light package, which only does local
deliveries.  You need to remove that and install exim4-daemon-heavy,
which does remote deliveries too.  apt-get install exim4-daemon-heavy
should work, I think (I use aptitude, it's easy :).

--
 -Benjamin A'Lee

Termisoc Secretary: http://www.termisoc.org/
Home Page: http://benalee.co.uk/