Re: emacs dies in latest sarge

Hendrik Boom wrote:
Never thought this would happen! I just updated my srage system yesterday (December 27). Todey I tried editing an ordinary text file. Emacs crashes after I enter about one line of text. After restarting it, id dies instantly. It just has time to flash its window onto the screen, and then the window vanishes. I'm running all this under KDE, starting emacs from the command line as

    emacs think &

The file think is on a remote NFS-mounted volume. more has no trouble reading the file.

I guess I go back to the woody I keep on another partition.
Any other suggestions?

I rebooted, and it works now.  Strange.

-- hendrik