Re: nfs.statd bind to internal interface only

Poor form to reply to my own post but have figured out what was causing the error message, (the settings need to be in quotes) and that $STATDOPTS is defined in /etc/defaults/nfs-common.

The daemon still seems to be ignoring the setting, it dosen't fail with an error but using a combination of nmap and netstat -lp the rpc.statd service still listens on the external interface with a *.portnum line reported from netstat.

I am unable to secure rpc.statd rpc.mountd and nfs

Adrian