Re: OT: Ubuntu.org

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 18:14 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Monday 27 December 2004 03:25 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> > You missed the smiley face.  Still, bet you dime to a dollar that
> > no company nowadays, especially a national or transnational, would
> > name a product "Apache".
>
> OK, how much is that bet for?
>
> Boeing (and before that, McDonnell-Douglas) makes the AH64A/D
> helicopter.  But who wants to call it the
> ay-aych-sixty-four-eh-slash-dee when you can call it the Apache?

See my previous post about who names weapon systems.

>                                                            There
> also appears to be a digital television made by Frontier named Apache.

Never heard of them.

> There's a company named Apache Micro that makes modems,

How big is this company?

>                                                       and a farm
> supply company named Apache Sales.  Heath makes a HAM radio model
> called Apache.

Remember the part about "national or transnational".  A farm supply
company from Oklahoma (I think that's where the reservation is)
would reasonably be named Apache Sales.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"If you wish for peace be ready for war."
Proverb
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of
preserving peace."
George Washington