Re: Linux Functionality?

Paul Johnson wrote:
Right. However, Windows has some fairly stupid ways of handling user privledges, thus many games require Administrator rights. So guess what most people run as in Windows?

Yup. I certainly ran as Admin under Win2k because I just didn't want to mess with it. No sudo or su to install things. T'hell with it. It's behind my Linux firewall so no malicious net shenanigans came through and I scanned my games before running.

Of course now-a-days I run my Windows games in Cedaga (or try to at least) which does the sensible thing. Every game gets its own install of wine. It's own configuration, it's own virtual C drive. Of course they take it a bit far and restrict it to one user on a Linux box. Kinda pisses me off when my wife wants to use my machine to play CoH. >.<