Re: Program to display process information (especially sockets)

> > One thing I would like to know how to do, but I don't think it's
> > possible, is to find out what process is on the other end of a pipe.
> > If that were possible, I could write a graphical system display tool,
> > that shows you all your processes and how they're connected together.
> >

> Interesting idea. Is it possible?

If you're talking about UNIX pipes, maybe it's possible.
If by "pipe" you're meaning "connection" as in "internet socket
connection"  or "network connection", then I'm pretty sure it is not
possible: You can have any kind of app on the other side of an
connection... you have no knowledge (by  looking at layer3/4 of networking
protocols) of wich (layer-7) application is on the other side...