Re: Program to display process information (especially sockets)

Sam Watkins wrote:
On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 15:19 +0700, David Garamond wrote:

Anyone knows of a program (command-line or GUI) to display process
information, e.g. which TCP/UDP/Unix sockets are used by the process
and what are their ports/hosts/etc.

Probably the best you're going to get is the output of netstat -p.

This will tell you process names and numbers for each socket, you can
parse that and do what you like with it.  If you need it to spit out the
info faster, try the -n option, which won't do reverse dns lookups.

One thing I would like to know how to do, but I don't think it's
possible, is to find out what process is on the other end of a pipe.
If that were possible, I could write a graphical system display tool,
that shows you all your processes and how they're connected together.

Interesting idea. Is it possible?