Re: Linux Functionality?

On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 12:33 -0500, Curt Howland wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > And there is so much specialized and vertical s/w that has no
> > compare in the Linux world
>
> None of which, last I looked, was included in Windows from Microsoft.
>
> The fact that there are applications written only for Windows by 3rd
> parties is not in dispute, nor that there are applications written
> for Linux that do not run on Windows.

Well heck, if that's the tack you're going to take: how many
*applications* are written for *Linux*?  None.  They are written
"for" libc, gtk, GNOME, KDE, etc.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I need an expert on the pain I'm goin' thru, so I keep George on
the ol' turn table 'till I'm over you..."
Mark Chesnutt, "Just Playin' Possum"