Re: Debian on SATA HD

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, roy wrote:
> I've never installed Debian (or linux) before, just wanted to make sure this
> is going to work (as for as the HD's concerned)...
> Has anyone done this before or can confirm SATA should not be a problem?

It will work. But you will need the correct kernel for whatever your SATA
controller is, and you will need to jump some hoops if you want to use the
old installer.  The new installer should work better.

So the next question is: what will drive your SATA HDs?  i.e. give us your
lspci output.

  Henrique Holschuh