Re: Fwd: Re: Startinf fvwm

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 13:57:55 -0800 (PST)
alireza faryar <affaryar@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to run it from the console. Will
> appreciate info on how to get fvwm up and running.
>
> farid

Hi Farid,

you first need to start an X server. Put the following line into your
~/.xinitrc:

exec fvwm

Create one if it doesn't exist (or comment out the lines pointing to
other window managers if it does). Then start your X server by running

$ startx

This will read your ~/.xinitrc and then start the X server and finally
fvwm. The "exec" tells the X server to stay up and running until fvwm is
shut down. It then also will shut down.

Hope that helped.

grZ
Dani