Re: apt-build.conf

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 05:30:39PM -0800, cfk wrote:
> 	I did an apt-get of apt-build and it appears I need to create an
> apt-build.list. Can someone tell me what should be in this file please.

take (another) look at that new article on apt-build:

http://julien.danjou.info/article-apt-build.html

it contains an awk script to make your apt-build.list file:

dpkg --get-selections |
awk '{if ($2 == "install") print $1}' > /etc/apt/apt-build.list

It also mentions you should read README.Debian first, and remove certain
packages from the list (gcc, libc6).

apparently apt-build.list should contain a list of all packages you want
apt-build world to build.  I'd try it with a small world for a start
(e.g. sl, cowsay) before trusting it to rebuild my whole system.

good luck with your search for knowledge!