Newbie Xserver problem with ATI Mach64 and Woody

Hi,

I am a newbie trying to get my Xserver working using Woody(3.0r1) and
ATI Mach64 Graphics card.

The general error is:
(EE) ATI(0): Depth 16 is not supported through this adapter

I had started with a Depth of 24 and got a Depth 24 is not supported

Then I changed to Depth of 8 and get this error:
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice, No such device
(EE) Generic Mouse: Cannot open input device
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Generic Mouse".

If I go back and change Depth to 16 or 24 again I get the above error again.

Each time I am reconfiguring using:
# dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

Attached is the .log file if you wish to look.

So I am stuck not knowing where the mistake is ?

Pls help.
- Rathon