permissions with udev/pmount?

Hi list,

I have the following problem using debian sid (kernel 2.6.8-1). I am trying to get an icon automatically when I plug in my usb stick or camera. I use udev / hal / gnome-volume-manager. As a normal user the links in /dev are created following the udev rules file, but the device is not mounted (pmount problem?) and hence doesn't appear on my desktop.

Starting a X session as root, everything is working correctly. My usb stick and camera are detected, mounted and a nice icon appears on the desktop.

So I guess I have a problem of permissions or groups for a normal user but I cannot figure out what? Following a few recent threads concerning this topic in the archives I made me member of the "plugdev" and "hal" (necessary?) group, and the device node in /dev are created in the "hal" group.

Any help will be very apreciated!
Nico

A few technical information:
1- udev rules for my usb stick:
BUS="usb", KERNEL="sd*", SYSFS{product}="USB Mass Storage Device", NAME="gyp-cl-%k", SYMLINK="gyp-cl-usb%n", MODE="0660", GROUP="hal"

2- /etc/fstab information:
/dev/gyp-cl-usb /media/stick auto rw,user,noauto,sync 0 0

3- installed packages:
ii dbus-1 0.22-3 simple interprocess messaging system ii udev 0.048-3 /dev/ management daemon
   ii  hotplug                0.0.20040329-1 Linux Hotplug Scripts
ii hal 0.4.2-4 Hardware Abstraction Layer ii gnome-volume-m 1.1.2-5 GNOME daemon to auto-mount and manage media