Re: download help needed

Lauren wrote:
> I'm trying to download woody via jigdo.  The isntructions are not clear.
> Jigdo was asking me for the number of the file i wanted to download.
> various numbers etc were tried to no avail.  Can someone send me more
> clear step by step instructions to getting Debian.

Woody is pretty old, can I talk you into Sarge?

If you really need the CD (a laptop perhaps), all on one line:

   jigdo-lite http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/cd/jigdo-area/
     i386/sarge-i386-1.jigdo

A better choice might be to download the 4 floppy images found near here:

ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-i386/current/images/