Re: download help needed

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 10:26:55AM -0800, lball211 wrote:
> I'm trying to download woody via jigdo.  The isntructions are not clear.
> Jigdo was asking me for the number of the file i wanted to download.
> various numbers etc were tried to no avail.  Can someone send me more
> clear step by step instructions to getting Debian.

The mini howto may be enlightening, which should be at:

/usr/share/doc/jigdo-file/debian-jigdo-mini-howto.html

Hm, if you're downloading woody you may not have that file yet... Try
the jigdo homepage http://atterer.net/jigdo/ for documentation,
specifically:
http://atterer.net/jigdo/debian-jigdo-mini-howto/index.html

There is a bit less info here than I seem to remember, though I may be
wrong. It is still quite useful. Maybe this part of paragraph 4.3 is
what you are talking about:

      If you already have a previous version of the CD you are
      downloading, jigdo can re-use files on the old CD that are also
      present in the new image, and you do not need to download them
      again. Mount the old CD ROM and enter the path it is mounted under
      (e.g. `/mnt/cdrom').
      Alternatively, just press enter if you want to start downloading
      the remaining files.
      Files to scan:

You may have a small list here like:

1. /cdrom
2. /var/cache/apt/packages

or something like that. You can then press 1 or 2 to let jigdo try to
get some packages from that location. When it is done you will get
this same question so you can specify another location. If you don't
know what to answer just press enter so it can download packages from
the Debian mirror you had selected in an earlier question.

If this didn't help then please copy the exact question that jigdo is
asking you. Knowing what version and what operating system you use may
be useful as well.

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill