Re: Sarge not showing all RAM

Björn Abt wrote:

Hello List,

I have a HP DL360 G4 with 2GB ECC RAM and a P4-Xeon with 3 GHz. I installed Debian Sarge netinst on this machine and after examining the system i found out that top only shows 906MB RAM, even /proc/meminfo shows only 906MB. I tried this with both the 2.4 (kernel-image-2.4.27-1-386) and 2.6 (kernel-image-2.6.8-1-386) Kernels. After that I ran memtestx86 to see if I had malicious Memory, but it showed the full 2GB and it ran a whole day without showing any errors.

Do I miss anything ? I believe that the standard kernel should work with 2GB...

Another machine with 1GB Non-ECC-RAM shows the full 1GB in /proc/meminfo

Has this to do with ECC-RAM ? Has someone had a similar experience ? Is there a way the get the access to the full 2GB ?

Greetings

Bjoern Abt

Hello

You should use a 4GB or 64GB kernel