Re: xv

Patrick Wiseman wrote:

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:09:46 -0500, Mason Loring Bliss
<mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 06:39:48AM +0530, Sridhar M.A. wrote:

I personally would recommend qiv. A wonderful tool for viewing images.
Just apt-get it and you will, probably, never worry about xv :-)
Does qiv have a function like xv's -maxpect? I really miss this in other
programs. I'd be happy with ImageMagick's display if it had a -maxpect.

Here's its package description:

A quick image viewer for X
   Quick Image Viewer (qiv) is a very small and pretty fast GDK/Imlib image
   viewer. Features include zoom, maxpect, scale down, fullscreen,
   brightness/contrast/gamma correction, slideshow, pan with keyboard and
   mouse, rotate left/right, flip, delete (move to .qiv-trash/), jump to image
   x, jump forward/backward x images, filename filter, and you can use qiv to
   set your X11-Desktop background.

Patrick

Thank you all for the offers, I think I will give qiv a try. It looks simple enough, with reasonable amount of features...

Ivan