Re: Need help with XF86 config

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 12:35, Andrew Konosky wrote:
> After I got the base system installed, I selected "Desktop Environment"
> and apt installed both KDE and Gnome, Gnome as default. I switched it
> over to KDE and KDM, but the installer didn't set up my graphical config
> right.
>
> My Radeon 8500 graphics card and my Philips 107P monitor are detected
> right, and I chose the resolutions I wanted to use during the config,
> but both KDE and gnome defaulted to 800x600 @ 75Hz, and no higher
> resolutions were available. I tried removing all other resolutions than
> the 1280x1024 which I want to use, but I still get 800x600 and 1280x1024
> is not even an option. I have all these other low resolutions available,
> but where are they coming from and what command do I run to reconfigure
> the graphics setup?

You can run KDE from GDM. Just in case you're not aware of it.

Have you edited your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 ? Where did you remove the
others?

If you have dpkg-reconfigure installed you can run dpkg-reconfigure
"whatever xserver you have installed"

If not... do an ls across /usr/X11R6/bin for *86* or *setup*. I have
XF86config installed with testing. There may be some new-fangled
graphical way to do it as well. I've not run Debian in a while...

Can you just post your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 ?
--
RTaylor-Design.Com