Re: Moving from single to multipartition

Scarletdown wrote:
2) Copy the old /var, /tmp, /usr and /home data onto the new partitions, delete them, copy the rest on the new /

7:  Update your /etc/fstab file to mount those new partitions

And that is really all there is to it. Repeat the process with your other partitions. When you are certain that everything is working properly, you can safely delete the old directories off of /

Thank you. So if I understand correctly this is a variation of my hypothesis number two. Correct ?

The only thing remaining is how do I correctly move the "old" /hda12 root partition to it's new /dev/hda7 correctly recreating devices etc.

Take care,
Bob