Re: configuring Mozilla to recognise .php files

(note:  I accidently replied to Rob's email, so I'm resending this to the list)

I could be wrong but I don't believe Mozilla can understand PHP, which
would explain your problem.

The following explanation is probably over simplified and not 100%
technically accurate, but it'll give you the idea of what's going on.
The way a php website works is that there's the Webserver (Apache), a
Scripting Language (PHP), and the user's browser (Mozilla).  The user
first sends a request to the webserver for a page (typing the address
in mozilla).  The webserver would notice the .php extension and hand
the file over the the php interpreter to sort it out.  php would
process the file and hand the html output over to the webserver, who
in turn sends it to the browser.

As you can see, Mozilla doesn't deal with the php.  Asking Mozilla to
understand php is like asking your car to fly...it just doesn't work.

The way to get this working is to install php (sounds like you've done
this), a webserver (apache), and the module that connects the
webserver to php (libapache_mod-php4).  You can then place your .php
files into the /var/www/ directory which is where apache defaults to
looking.  Then point mozilla to localhost/filename.php and you should
be all set.

Hope this helps.

Ben