Re: Old Release

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 04:20 +0700, Muhammad Reza wrote:
> Dear List
>
> I'm new int this list and noob in Debian, but already success install my
> first Debian Woody 3.0r3.
> My question is :
> 1. Why in this release, package such as KDE, XFree86..etc even the
> kernel it self seem old version.

Because Woody is really, really old.  Best to upgrade to Sarge or
even Sid.  r3 only has backported security patches, not functionality
patches.  (Unless, it is my understanding, backporting would be
really complex, because, for instance, of radical changes in the
source code.)

> 2. How to made my own linux disto from debian ? please give me reference.
>
> regards
> reza

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"He that would live in peace and at ease must not speak all he
knows or all he sees."
Benjamin Franklin