Re: how to use

On Sunday 19 December 2004 10:29 am, Mickel Rateliff wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>  I just purchased and a copy of Debian Yet after I installed it I
found all it boots up to is a command line host. i am not sure of how
to install the gui and have it run on bootup.

Had you searched the archives, you would have found out that you need to
install x-window-system and your favorite desktop environment (kde,
gnome, etc) before wasting time and bandwidth asking.

Nothing personal, everybody does it at some point in their life, but
this has been a bit of a problem on this list lately.

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html gives some tips on how to
prevent asking a repeat question, and how to ask a question most likely
to give you the answer you need.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.dyndns.org