A good XML Toolkit

hi,

Please recommend a good XML Toolkit.

I don't know many, the only one that I tried is XMLStarlet:

http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/

,-----
| XMLStarlet is a set of command line utilities (tools) which can be used to
| transform, query, validate, and edit XML documents and files using simple
| set of shell commands in similar way it is done for plain text files using
| UNIX grep, sed, awk, diff, patch, join, etc commands.
|
| This set of command line utilities can be used by those who deal with many
| XML documents on UNIX shell command prompt as well as for automated XML
| processing with shell scripts.
`-----

This looks very promising. But the result is not that good. I have to say
I was disappointed.

7 out of 10 time it will complain about the input xml data and not do the
job, while my hacked Perl script will happily slurp it and bring up the
result...

Any recommendations?

thanks