Re: Sarge Betting Pool

On Friday, 17.12.2004 at 22:29 +0100, Nicos Gollan wrote:

> IMO, Debian should stop producing "stable" releases for good and
> concentrate on the unstable and testing branches. There are enough
> working spinoff-distros by now, so having the outdated branch isn't
> good for anything.

Bollocks. :-)

> Sorry for that flamebait, but that's what I think. The freezes suck.

Your remark is not flamebait, it's just factually wrong.

You cannot claim with any intent to be taken seriously that Debian
Stable "isn't good for anything", when clearly it is used by many people
for a variety of purposes.

The reasons have been gone into endlessly, and I suspect you are well
aware of them.

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart - davee@sungate.co.uk - jabber: davee@jabber.org