Re: Thunderbird style search in Firefox

Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:
what is the "select-all" keystroke in... I guess gnome? don't tell me it doesn't exist.

CNTL-A. Problem is that we're talking X style selects. Select something it is automatically coped into the C&P buffer. So you can't do a Windows style CNTL-A, CNTL-C, click, CNTL-A, CNTL-V since the CNTL-V would yield the contents you're trying to get rid of.

Firefox setting CNTL-U to "upload manager" was pretty dumb since CNTL-U is unix' default for "clear field". :/