Re: xpaint was orphaned

Hello Hugo, hello list!

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 07:22:13AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> When a package is orphaned it has no maintainer anymore.

Sort of, the QA team is the "maintainer", which quite often seems to
be better than the previous (non-)maintainer. But mostly all they can
do is simple bugfixing, greater changes like new releases are not that
common as they take time.

> Anything a lowly user can do about that?
> I like xpaint to make icons.

Well, the package is 3.5 years behind upstream, and the previous
maintainer last worked on it almost 3 years ago. You could test the
newest upstream release and check whether some of the reported bugs
are still present or some new bugs have appeared, for instance. The
changelog looks quite promising, perhaps we could pick it up
together...

Cheers,
Flo