"To X or not to X, that is the question" (also, Groovix PC)

Still ruminating on my desire for a second terminal.

I have three options as I see it,

Drop extra mouse, keyboard, and screen into my box, and run them
with X.  Did not think of this until I read the article on the
new Groovix PC.  (I'd like to know how they can have multiple
unique pairs of speakers though.)

Buy an X Term

Buy a Serial Term

A fourth option would have been to revamp an old PC and network
up.  I would rather drop extra video card and mouse and keyboard
on the same box.  I figure, why network if you can be on the same
Box?

At any rate, revamping an old PC shell would include the cost
of possibly replacing the power supply, and hassling with
memory chips and digging up an old disk (those old Maxtor disks
make excellent bookends, don't they?  Real cyberpunk Je Nes Se
Quis (sp?))  This means cost and hassle.

I am very heavily leaning toward an old serial terminal.   A
used one on Ebay is only about US$20, and a refurbished is
$200.  I figure all the other options require me to buy a new
screen at much more.  I don't like the idea of buying a CRT
used on EBAY.

Since my real need is just to check email news and possibly some
simple web, I think the serial term is the way to go even though
it is obsolete technology.  What twists my noodle is, will I want
X down the road?  If I move to my girls, there is no way I am
going to interest her and her nieces to use serial aplications.
But it is kind of like gazing into a crystal ball.

Any thoughts?!

---
Scotty